this crusty bread is perfect for sandwiches or served alongside a homecooked meal!
these delightfully fluffy and richly-spiced cinnamon rolls will warm up any cold winter day! great fresh or heated up the next day for a sweet breakfast.
these cookies absolutely take me back to what I remember from bakeries as a child – they’re the perfect mix of crunchy and chewy with warming notes of cinnamon.
- 1c milk of choice (i use dark chocolate soy to skip having to add cocoa powder)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of chia seeds (i use whole black chia seeds)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, if desired (i skip this)
- a few drops of vanilla extract, if desired
- stir all of the ingredients together in a container with a tight seal (i use a mason jar).
- refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight. feel free to open the container a few hours in to re-stir the seeds to make sure everything is distributed well.
- later/the next morning, transfer the mixture to a bowl and top with your favourite toppings. i like strawberries, banana slices, and hemp seeds. shredded coconut, chocolate chips/chunks, nuts, and yogurt would also be great!
this hearty baked oatmeal is great for meal prep! the combination of oats, pumpkin, applesauce and seeds makes for a filling breakfast or snack.
this customizable marinated-tofu sandwich makes a great breakfast (or any meal)!
this four-ingredient hot fudge sauce makes a delicious dessert topping or stir-in for blended drinks!
servings: 2 generous dessert toppings – about 1/3c
- 2T vegan butter/margarine
- 4T soy cream (i used this one – you can also use coconut cream)
- 4T sugar
- 4T cocoa powder
- melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- add the rest of the
ingredients, whisking to combine.
- continue to whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened and shiny, about five minutes
- allow to cool slightly for an even thicker consistency
- enjoy immediately!
satisfy your chicken nugget craving with this crunchy recipe!
this canadian classic fried dough makes for a great weekend treat!
these hearty individual pot pies warm up a cold, gloomy day!