- 1c milk of choice (i use dark chocolate soy to skip having to add cocoa powder)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of chia seeds (i use whole black chia seeds)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, if desired (i skip this)
- a few drops of vanilla extract, if desired
- stir all of the ingredients together in a container with a tight seal (i use a mason jar).
- refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight. feel free to open the container a few hours in to re-stir the seeds to make sure everything is distributed well.
- later/the next morning, transfer the mixture to a bowl and top with your favourite toppings. i like strawberries, banana slices, and hemp seeds. shredded coconut, chocolate chips/chunks, nuts, and yogurt would also be great!